Saturday, July 19, 2008

Family Time

Today is our 28th anniversary. We just finished a week of having everyone home (except Rebecca who is off helping orphan African children for 5 weeks; I'll include her email later.) It was great! I love being with our kids and their spouses and our grandkids! What a blessing God has given us! We didn't do anything "memorable" or expensive or unique. We had fun playing in the water in the back yard, jumping on the trampoline, sitting out on the deck, eating together, playing miniature golf -- and, well, just being together. We all tried out Christina's camera to see if a digital SLR might be worth the investment. We spent one afternoon putting in a new window at my parent's house and repainting some of the trim outside. We went with Micah and Allie to look at a house they might be interested in buying if it is still available when the time comes. We remembered the past, talked about the present, and wondered about the future. After Micah and Allie left, we visited the Omaha Zoo and ate at Famous Dave's. For all you who weren't here, I'll post a slide show of our time together. Also, as I promised, here is Rebecca's email from Africa. We missed you, Rebecca!

Hello, all!
Right, so Im typing on a computer with the keys in the wrong place, so were going to make this brief. I am safely in Africa...I LOVE it...I might be back in August :] The trip here was long, but so incredibly worth it. I greatly appreciate all your prayers and look forward to sharing with all of you when I return. Our second camp here in Rwanda starts tomorrow. The first camp was incredibl; you should see the pictures.
God is so good.
My love to you all.
Rebecca

We look forward to our next time together!

Rebecca

No comments: