Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Learning from Abraham

I'm a very sporadic blogger! But here goes........

I just started a new Bible study on the life of Abraham. These thoughts came out of the first day's lesson.

When the Lord calls us to follow Him to new places, when He prods us to leave the encumbrances behind, He gives us His promises to nourish our hearts and fuel our obedience. Just like Abraham. God called him to leave everything familiar and move out to a destination yet to be revealed. But in the same breath, He promised to show him where to go, He promised to bless him, to fight his enemies, and to make him a blessing. We are not orphans. We are sons and daughters. He will never leave us or forsake us. He has given us His Spirit in our hearts, guaranteeing our final destination. I, for one, am moving out to follow Him.

I'm excited to see where the Lord will take me through this study in the next few weeks.

1 comment:

Melody said...

So I'm gonna have to go to your Biblestudy. Can Caleb come too? =) Thanks for writing! You should do it more often! =)